Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Does Today's Music Suck?

If you're in your late teens or older, you probably think that today's music sucks. Yeah, here's the thing, EVERY generation says the exact same thing! In every generation, you have your share of good music and bad music. However, based on what many people are saying, it seems like we're in an age where we have to dig for good music.

Instead of listening to the radio, music lovers everywhere look to the internet, and even their parents old albums in search of good music. So does today's music suck? Let's take a look. For this blog entry, I'm gonna give my opinions on some of the most popular "artist".


Miley Cyrus

First off, Miley Cyrus isn't the worse singer in the world! When it comes to songs such as "The Climb", and "Ready, Set, Don't Go", Miley's voice is actually tolerable! The key word is tolerable. As for songs such as "7 Things" and "Party in The USA", not only are the lyrics horrible, but her voice is enough to make my ears bleed. And then we have the song "I Can't Be Tamed". Here is a excerpt of that song's lyrics: I can't be tamed, I can't be saved I can't be blamed. Actually Miley, you can be blamed. You can be blamed for relying on Auto-tune and co-writing such an unoriginal song. But then again, you're not the only one who has written an unoriginal song.

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga is more about her weird costumes than her music. But then again, that's a good thing, because her weird costumes are a bit of a distraction from her horrible music. Okay, maybe not all of her music is horrible. After all, I never did like "Poker Face", until I've heard a cover version done by Eric Cartman of South Park.

Justin Bieber

If I could go back in time, I would kick Justin Bieber's mother in the stomach before she had a chance to give birth to him. Well, either that or I would throw a water bottle at him. Despite Justin Beiber's songs being so generic, just like many other artists, he's letting the fame get to his brain.

Jonas Brothers

I would throw a ton of bricks at them...tied to flaming bags of dog shit. For those of you who takes everything seriously, I was only kidding. I would never do anything like that to anybody.

Ke$ha

The first impression is everything. So when I first heard the song "Tik Tic", that was enough to come to the conclusion that Ke$ha has to be one of the worst "artists" of all time! For one thing, she sounds horrible, even with Auto-tune! I didn't think that was possible until now. Secondly, check out some of the lyrics to that song:

Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy

(Hey, what up girl?)

Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit this city

(Lets go)

Now I have a question, why would anybody wake up in the morning feeling like P.Diddy? Now if you are P. Diddy I can understand why you would wake up in the morning feeling like him. Also, Ke$ha actually rhymed P. Diddy with city? That's just plain shitty. Ke$ha actually has fans? Now that's a petty.

Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne is a true inspiration. He has taught us that you don't need musical talent to become a famous "artist". All you need is Auto-tune, a music mixer, and somebody to write the songs for you. Actually, there were "artist" in the past who have taught us this. So in other words, Lil Wayne isn't an inspiration after all, he's just a talentless twat.

Linkin Park

I've stopped listening to Linkin Park after their first album. The song "Crawling" is awesome, "In The End" is okay, and I used like "Numb". Other than that, this band sucks. In just about every song, they are whining about their problems like a bunch of emo kids. Also, when it comes to the lyrics, it's almost like Linkin Park have taken a bunch of emo poems that they have written in high school, and they've put them into songs. But hey, it's not just the lyrics that suck. If you were to take out the lyrics and just listen to the music, you can tell that their music is a total mess. It's a good thing that Jay-Z came along to clean up that mess.

Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato

There's not much that I can say about these Disney starlets other than they produce generic pop music that little kids seem to love for some reason. Personally, I think they are better off being full-time actresses.

Conclusion

There are so many "artists" that I can talk about, but really, why bother? But anyway, it's not so much that today's music sucks, it's just the most popular "artists" that suck. There are many underrated independent musicians out there today who are very talented. It's just too bad that you have to look so hard to find these artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment