Saturday, April 2, 2011

Short Story: If Abel Killed Cain

I'll be the first to admit, that this story is a piece of shit. Actually, that's why I disabled comments for this blog entry. The only reason why I'm posting it is because I got nothing else. It's not like anybody's reading this blog anyway.

Sibling rivalry has existed for thousands of years. In fact, it can be traced all the way back to Cain and Abel.1

Cain, the older brother, would always get his way through intimidation. Cain would make threatening gestures to his younger brother such as the cutting of the throat and raising his fist in anger. This kind of behavior continued well into adulthood. "I can no longer put up with my brother's behaviour", Abel said to himself one day. "I have to do something about it."2

So one day, Abel said to his brother "Let's go out to the field", which Cain blindly agreed to do. While they were in the field, Abel attacked his brother Cain and killed him. Needless to say, God was furious! "Abel, you've killed your brother!" he said furiously. "You have brought death to the world."3

"But my lord", Cain said, "how could I've brought to death to the world?"4

"You've brought death to the world when you've killed your brother!" God screamed. "I now have no choice but to leave this world so I can create a new world; one for those who have passed on from this one. This new world will be divided into two realms; Heaven and Hell. Do you know how much work that it?" Cain was very confused.5

"But my lord, I killed my brother." he said. "Which means that we humans have to ability to die. So if we have the ability to die, then doesn't that mean that death has existed in this world the whole time?" For about 5 seconds, God hesitated to speak.6

"It is of no matter!" God screamed. "You brought death into this world. As a result, you have become death. You will spend an eternity bringing souls into the Next World. I just have to create it first. Until then, I shall leave this world and let you humans ruin it. You will all suffer by your own hands and your prayers will go unanswered. Goodbye cruel world." Just like a magician, God disappeared.

No comments: